Measure S updates and science center building plans for Villa Park, Orange, Canyon and El Modena High School.
Future Science Land Features:
- $45.2 million Science Center with 12 Labs (4 chemistry, 8 science)
- 2 Multi-purpose Classrooms
- Medically Fragile Facility Suite
- Drought resistant and native southern California plants
- The Villa Park future science land will replace the 300 building (Facing Taft, building closest to Center). Temporary units will serve as clasrooms during the interim period
VPHS Science Center design and plans by LPA.
OC Register coverage on the VPHS Science Center.
VPHS Interim Housing Facilities Timeline:
- The Architect is scheduled to submit the 100% Design to DSA on 12/4.
Construction is forecasted to start June 2018 and be completed in early January 2019.
- Ground Breaking is projected for November 26, 2018.
- Schematic Design 4 of 4 Sites Completed Summer 2017
- Design Development 3 of 4 Sites Completed (CHS @ 85%)
- Construction Documents In Progress for 3 of 4 sites
- DSA Submittal/Approval Winter 2017/Spring 2018
- Project Bidding Summer/Fall 2018
- Interim Housing Summer 2018
- Infrastructure Upgrades Summer 2018
- Main Buildings Fall/Winter 2018 ‐ 2019
- 1st Bond Sale June 2018 for $188 million
- 2nd Bond Sale is expected in 2020 for $100 million (voters approved $288 millon)
More details on Measure S and the status of each school can be found on the Orange Unified’s Measure S page.
Orange High School Science Center
OHS Science Center design and plans by Lionakis.
OC Register coverage on the Orange Science Center.
Ground Breaking: June 8, 2018.
Expected Completion: End of 2020-21 school year.
El Modena High School Science Center
ELMO Science Center design and plans by HED.
OC Register coverage on the El Modena Science Center.
Ground Breaking Projected for January 25, 2019.
Canyon High School Science Center
CHS Science Center design and plans by GKK Works
OC Register coverage on the Canyon Science Center.
Ground Breaking Projected for May 22, 2019.