Villa Park Little League is home to youth baseball for kids ages 4-14 in Villa Park and parts of Orange, CA. From the first pitch to the final swing the community gathers around to cheer the kids on, socialize and enjoy activities together before and after. From the kids to the families and coaches, everyone can participate or just simply enjoy watching the games.
Baseball Field Location
Games are played at the Cerro Villa Middle School baseball fields located at 17852 Serrano Ave, Villa Park, CA 92861. Tournament and some upper division games against opposing little leagues are played at nearby locations.
Thanks to parent and community volunteers, sponsors and donations Villa Park baseball fields are some of the best little league fields in the area. Field amenities include five baseball fields, shaded bleachers, fences, electronic scoreboards, a snack bar and four hitting cages with pitching machines.
Villa Park Little League Events
- Registration Opens: Tuesday, October 1, 2020
- Spring Tryouts (AA, AAA, Majors): Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Spring Makeup Tryouts (AA, AAA, Majors): Monday, January 13, 2020
- Opening Day Parade and Ceremony: Saturday, February 22, 2020
- Picture Day: Saturday, March 7, 2020 & Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Taste of Villa Park: Saturday, March 14, 2020
- MLB Little League Angel Day: Sunday, April 5, 2020
- Orange City Tournament (mid-season): Saturday, April 18 to Friday April 24, 2020
- Closing Ceremonies and Home Run Contest: Saturday, May 16, 2020
- Machine Pitch Tournament (end of season, open to all): Friday, May 15 – Thursday, May 21, 2020
- Tournament of Champions (AA – Majors Division Champions): Begins Saturday, May 30, 2020
- Little League All-Stars: First game Saturday, June 20, 2020
Villa Park Little League Boundaries
VPLL’s boundaries include Villa Park but also includes Serrano Heights, Mabury Ranch, homes located off Via Escola in Orange, the Olive area in Orange and extends as far west as the Santa Ana River.
Little Leaguers can play for VPLL based on their residence or where their school is located. Below are the three options:
- Kids whose primary residence is within the local league’s boundary can play for that hometown league.
- Kids can play for the league where their school is located.
- Kids from divided homes may choose to play in a league in whose boundaries either parent resides.
Use the Little League Finder tool to find out whether your residence or school address is located within the VP Little League boundaries.
There is also a waiver process, where parents can work with local leagues to provide additional opportunities for a child to participate in a league outside of where they live or go to school.
There are instance where kids play in a local Little League that is not within their boundary. Typically this starts at the Tee Ball and lower level divisions where there are no repercussions for playing outside league boundaries. The main issue with not playing at the local Little League within your kids boundaries is All-star team eligibility, which doesn’t happen until the competitive divisions, usually AAA and up. By then the kids and parents are deeply involved in the local Little League but the kids is not eligible for all-star teams.
Schools within Villa Park Little League Boundaries
- Cerro Villa Middle School (17852 Serrano Ave, Villa Park, CA 92861)
- Fletcher Elementary (515 W Fletcher Ave, Orange, CA 92865)
- Futures Academy (3111 N Tustin St #240, Orange, CA 92865)
- Nohl Canyon Elementary (4100 Nohl Ranch Rd, Anaheim, CA 92807)
- Olive Elementary School (3038 Magnolia Ave, Orange, CA 92865)
- Serrano Elementary (17741 E Serrano Ave, Villa Park, CA 92861)
- St Paul’s Lutheran School (901 E Heim Ave, Orange, CA 92865)
- Villa Park Elementary (10551 Center Dr, Villa Park, CA 92861)
These are the 6 divisions within Villa Park Little League
- Tee Ball – League Ages 4, 5, and 6 (for new players). Tee ball and soft toss in second half of season.
- Intermediate Single A / Coach Pitch – League Ages 5, 6 and 7 (for new players). Coach pitch and Blue flame pitching machine in second half of season.
- Advanced Rookie A / Machine Pitch – League Ages 7 and 8. Blue flame pitching machine.
- AA – League Ages 8, 9 and 10. Sometimes appropriate for advanced League Age 7 players. Kids pitch.
- AAA – League Ages 9, 10, and 11. Kids pitch.
- Majors – League Ages 10, 11 and 12. Rarely appropriate for League Age 10 players.
- Little League Challenger Division – Any individual with a physical or intellectual challenge. Accommodates players ages 4 to 18; or up to age 22 if still enrolled in school.
- Senior League Challenger Division – Accommodates players ages 15 and above (no maximum age).
The league age of a Little Leaguer is based on the player’s age as of August 31 of the current year not the calendar birth year. For instance a child born on August 31, 2015 would be league year 5 but a child born on September 1, 2016 would be league year 4.
Fall baseball is typically held at North Sunrise Little League where Villa Park players play on the same teams, if possible.
Visit the Villa Park Little League Baseball website to learn more or to register.
VPLL and 9 other local Little Leagues are part of California District 30 Little League.
Youth Baseball Coaches
Here are a few local area youth baseball coaches who currently work with and have worked with Villa Park Little League players.
Gary Buckels is a retired Major League Baseball pitcher who played for the St. Louis Cardinals. Coach Buckels offers pitching and catching lessons in Villa Park and Huntington Beach.
1350 W. Collins Ave, Suite F, Orange, CA
Hector Lara offers hitting lessons in Orange, CA.