The City of Villa Park’s municipal ordinance codes, zoning codes and city laws/regulations are accessible online through the Code of Ordinances. The online version is keyword searchable to help you locate the exact item you are interested in.
The Villa Park Municipal Code establishes the City’s regulations concerning:
- Business activity
- Code enforcement
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Works
Online Version of the Villa Park Municipal Code
What is a Municipal Code?
The Municipal Code is a compilation of the applicable ordinances (rules, regulations or standards) of a municipality by a local governing body, often of a county, city, village, township, or other similar governmental subdivision.
What Types of Laws and Regulations Will I Find?
There over 25 chapters of the Villa Park Municipal code. Here are some of the more popular types of laws and regulations that residents seek to find answers too.
- Setbacks (Chapter10.6)
- Zoning (Chapter 22-8)
- Public Nuisances (Chapter VI)
- Noises – Unnecessary, excessive and annoying
- Noise Control – (Chapter 6.6)
- Construction noise/allowable days/times (Chapter 6.6.7.e)
- Barking Dog Penalties (Chapter 7-1.2.h)
- Animal Control & Welfare (Chapter 7-1.1)
- Soliciting & Peddling (Chapter8-3.1)
- Short-term rentals e.g. Airbnb (Chapter 23-3.5)
- Parking Enforcement
- Street parking of trailers, boats and non-motorized vehicles (Chapter 19-2.9)
- Abandoned Vehicles (Chapter 19-10)
- Residential Parking Permit (Chapter 19-12)