2022-23 Winter Fest OC & Night of Lights OC takes place at the OC Fair & Event Center from November 25, 2022 to January 1, 2023. There will be the same exciting activities plus all-new activities including a North Pole Journey, ice skating under the stars, 150 foot long ice tubing slide, snowboard simulator, carnival thrills, food and drinks, holiday market, photo ops., and so much more!
Night of Lights OC will be an immersive walk-through experience with dazzling lights, music, interactive activities and photo ops!
Find all winter holiday events in the area.
Winter Fest OC / Night of Lights OC
OC Fair & Event Center
November 25, 2022 – January 1, 2023
Winter Fest OC days and hours
Thu-Fri 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm, Sat-Sun 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm, closed Mon.-Tues.
Exceptions: WinterFest OC will be open from 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm on Fri. 11/25, 12/22 – 12/30 and New Year’s Day.
New Year’s Eve hours are 12:00 pm – 12:30 am.
General Admission: $25 Child/$30 Adult
Season Pass: $31.95 Child /$36.95 Adult
Add Ons: $18 Ice Skating/$15 Tubing/$25 VIP Tubing/$30 Unlimited Carnival Rides/$10 Bumper Cars/$15 Mini Golf/$20 VIP Fireside Lounge/$99 VIP Cabana
Parking: $10 per vehicle
Military & Veteran Discount Days
Every Thursday, Winter Fest OC will honor local military members and veterans with a special $5 off online coupon code. Eligible guests can use the code “HERO” to purchase tickets in advance online and bring their relevant ID for onsite verification.
Winter Fest Activities
Who says there’s no snow in Southern California? The Orange County Winter Fest is coming to the Orange County Fair & Event Center this December with a majestic Winter Wonderland that the whole family will love. Winter Fest is the holiday event that you won’t want to miss. Bring your scarves and mittens and enjoy the all the fun and activities at Winter Fest OC. Purchase tickets on line to receive discounted rates.
Outdoor Ice Skating Rink
Skate to your hearts delight on the outdoor ice skating rink next to the 30-foot tall Christmas Tree.
Private, ice rink-side VIP cabanas for up to 10 people are available to rent for 2-3 hour time blocks, creating the ultimate premium lounge for intimate holiday gatherings and other special occasion celebrations. A private server is available for the purchase of specially themed food and drinks including craft cocktails. Rink-Side VIP Private Cabanas can also be adjoined to accommodate up to 150 people for memorable office parties.
Immersive Walk-Through Experience
Included in all general admission tickets, the new North Pole Journey walk-through experience immerses guests in the sights, sounds and smells of five magical lands on an important mission from Santa. Enjoy dazzling lights, music, unique photo opportunities, and a wide range of free entertainment and interactive activities in each of the five pavilions. Keep an eye out for “Journey Guides” along the way to help guests gather the three elements of the Holidays that will help Santa! North Pole Journey highlights include:
- Forest of Light: A kid’s hedge maze, wisteria tunnel, giant waterfall, and unique 360-degree free photo booth!
- Winter Wonderland: Meet-and-greets with your favorite winter characters, plus Dance of the Snow Fairies performances daily.
- Holiday Town: Remote-controlled model train exhibits plus an intimate movie theater with holiday classics.
- Toyland Circus: Special appearances by PJ Masks (Nov. 25 – 27), Peppa Pig (Dec. 1 – 4), Paw Patrol (Dec. 8 – 11) and more of your favorite cartoon show characters! Plus Toyland Soldiers Assembly performances daily.
- Santa Send Off: Tree ornament decorating, Santa Elves Dance Party performances, plus free meet-and-greets and photos with Santa (through Dec. 24)!
Claus House Stage Entertainment
At the center of Winter Fest OC is the 40-foot-tall holiday celebration tree and The Claus House Stage, where guests can enjoy live entertainment, community acts, interactive kid activities, and even more holiday magic. Daily entertainment includes meet-and-greets with favorite Winter Fest OC characters such as Yowie the Yeti, Snowman and Polar Bear, plus the popular nightly parade, tree lighting and live show with snow fall. Grab a cup of hot cocoa and winter treats and enjoy a variety of entertainment at The Claus House Stage to celebrate the holiday season.
Every night at 5:30 fresh snow flurries over Winter Fest as the magical tree lights up the night and guests are invited to watch the holiday parade followed by a tree lighting and show with snow fall.
Food and Drinks
Indulge in seasonal drinks and treats at Winter Fest OC including hot cocoa, hot apple cider, Mom’s Bake Shoppe cookies and brownies, Old Tyme Ice Cream, churros, popcorn, lemonade and kettle corn. All this plus meal options from BBQ ribs or chicken to pizza, hot dogs, sausages, fries and more! Seasonal adult beverages including beer, wine and holiday-inspired craft cocktails are also available for purchase.
Family New Year’s Eve Countdown
Ring in the New Year not once, but twice, with a special countdown, Orange Ball drop and an unforgettable balloon drop at both 6pm and midnight. Live bands will be playing to commemorate the end of the year, and the start of 2023! Awarded by Reader’s Digest as one of the top New Year’s Celebrations in the U.S.
- Snowflake Summit Ice Tubing Slide – A nine-lane 150-foot-long ice tubing slide.
- Ice Bumper Cars
- Candy Cane Carnival – Experience the Holiday Ferris Wheel, Tilt-a-Whirl, Zipper, Carousel and more rides and fun carnival games. The Carnival activities may require an additional purchase.
- Nightly Holiday Celebration – Features snow flurries and Santa, meet and greets with kid’s favorite characters, tribute bands, and more.
- Photo Opportunities – Unique winter-themed photo opportunities with the 30-foot-tall giant walk-through ornament, numerous giant Christmas trees, and of course, meeting Santa himself.
- Model Train Exhibit – Children and adults will be amazed by the layout of the train exhibit with the World Famous Del Oro Pacific Train Club.
- Meet and Greet with Santa – Kids can tell Santa what’s on their Christmas list and pose for pictures with the jolly old man at Winter Fest.
- Winter Bounce Houses – Come enjoy the winter themed bounce houses for fun and laughter, sure to please the little ones.
- LED Mini Golf
- Trackless Train Rides
Join their mailing list for additional deals sent right to your inbox!
Note: Some activities like the Walk-Through Experience, Ice Tubing Slide, Ice Bumper Cars, Ice Skating, and Holiday Carnival Rides will have longer wait times on busy dates.
More Holiday Events:
- Winter Holiday Events
- Winterfest at Chapman University
- Orange Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Orange Park Acres Tree Lighting Ceremony
- VP Santa Tour on a Fire Truck
- Villa Park Winter Wonderland
- Villa Park Boat Parade
- Christmas at the OC Zoo
- Irvine Park Christmas Railroad
- Brew Ho Ho Holiday Ale Festival
- Turkey Trots in Orange County
- Event Calendar