This event is currently on hold. See event page for more details.
The Elves on Trails 5K or Half Marathon will be at Caspers Wilderness Park. Keep in holiday shape through the busy holiday season with a challenging run through scenic Caspers Wilderness Park. The top 3 overall men and women finishers in the 5K and Half Marathon events receive awards and prizes. All participants receive a custom race medal, t-shirt, race photos, post-race snacks.
This race is a wilderness trail race with several hills and uneven terrain. The half marathon has approximately 1200 feet of elevation gain, and is not for the first time trail runner or first time half marathoner. There is also an unscored 12K for those looking for a middle distance.
Where: Caspers Wilderness Park (near the Old Corral area of the park)
Address: 33401 Ortega Hwy, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Starts: Half Marathon start: 8:00 am; 5K start: 8:30 am
Cost: $45 for 5K, and $80 for half marathon; OC Parks entry is $5 payable upon entry
- Age division awards, three deep, in both races in the following categories: 9 and under, 10-19 20-29. 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over
- Early packet pick up will be offered from 5:00 – 8:00 PM on Friday, November 30 at Road Runner Sports in Laguna Hills
- This is paper-cupless race. Every participant is required to carry his/her own water or container for water
- There will be 4 refill stations on the half marathon course and one on the 5K course. All will have water and sports drink
- Course time limit is 3.5 hours. Participants not at the 12K point in 1 hour and 50 minutes will be directed to the finish and will be given a 12K time and medal.
- Course Map
Day of Event Schedule
- 7:00 AM Check in begins
- 8:00 AM Half Marathon (and unscored 12K) Start
- 8:30 AM 5k start