The city of Orange kicks off the patriotic party for Independence Day a little early with the annual 3rd of July Celebration at Grijalva Park. Come out and join the community to celebrate with friends, family, fun, and fireworks. The fireworks show has become a tradition for the community and has celebrated the 3rd of July for over twenty years (established 1996).
The 3rd of July Celebration will on Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024 from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Where: Grijalva Park
Address: 368 N. Prospect St., Orange, CA 92869
When: Wednesday, July 3rd from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Cost: $7 per person. Ages 2 and under are free.
Parking: General parking is available at El Modena High School, Prospect Elementary, and Esplanade Elementary
- 4:00 pm: Food Trucks & Kids Activities
- 8:00 pm: The musical program will begin at
- 8:45 pm: Fireworks begin at approximately
- $7 per person. Ages 2 and under are free.
- Tickets are available at the Community Services Department during normal business hours (Monday – Thursday and alternate Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) located at 230 East Chapman Avenue in the city of Orange.
- Tickets can be purchased with cash, check, Visa, or Master Card. Tickets will also be available onsite for purchase beginning at 3:30 p.m. on July 3rd.
Grijalva Park lots will be closed for general parking. General parking is available on a first come, first served basis at the parking lots of El Modena High School, Prospect Elementary, and Esplanade Elementary. Please refer to Event Map. Permit parking in the surrounding neighborhoods is suspended on July 3. Please park legally; do not park in red zones or block driveways.
ADA parking will be available on a first come first served basis at Grijalva Park via Walnut Avenue.
A drop-off zone is available at El Modena High School. Please note, the drop off zone is a 0.2 mile walk to the event entrance. It is suggested that attendees be prepared.
Prospect St. will be closed between Spring St. and Walnut Ave. staring at 9:00 a.m. Through traffic can access either side of Prospect St. via Hewes St. McPherson Rd. will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians at Pearl Ave.
– Residents of Cambridge Creek will have access to their community via a soft closure at Prospect St. and Walnut Ave.
– Residents of the Huntington Condos will have access to their community via N. Pageant Dr.
– Vehicle access to the park via Walnut Ave. (west of Prospect St.) will only be accessible to those with a Disabled Person Parking Placard/Plates or a Reserved Parking Pass. Please refer to event map.
– Grijalva Park will be closed July 1-3 until 3:30 PM when gates open for the event.
The 3rd of July Celebration will include a variety of events and activities. There will be a patriotic music program, food trucks offering food and beverages for purchase, children’s activities, and more, all beginning at 4:00 p.m. A musical performance by Orange Community Master Chorale will begin at 8:00 p.m. The fireworks spectacular will begin after the performance at approximately 8:45 p.m.
- Do Not Bring: Alcohol, BBQs and pets are not allowed at the 3rd of July Celebration. Smoking & vaping only allowed in designated areas.
- Lawn seating only. Blankets and low lawn chairs are highly recommended.
- All shade canopies and/or umbrellas must be closed/taken down by 7:45 p.m., prior to the start of the program portion of the event.
- For the safety of all attendees, bikes and skateboards are to be walked inside the event.
- Stroller and wagon parking will be available.
Here are all 4th of July events throughout Orange County.
Find more events in the Villa Park/Orange/Anaheim Hills area.