The Villa Park Women’s League has played a major role in the community for 50 years. VPWL brings Villa Park together through regular activities, hosting exciting community events, and working philanthropically to give back to local schools, the library, city beautification projects, and more. The 2018 Giving Tree project helped VPWL deliver toys and gift cards to children in need just in time for Christmas at The Friendly Center and Orange Children and Parents Together organizations. They also hold clothing drives to donate gently used professional clothing to Women Helping Women, to help under- and unemployed women find clean and appropriate outfits for job interviews. Members of VPWL are always looking for ways to contribute to others. Come out and join the celebration for this spectacular community group.
Villa Park Women’s League 50th Anniversary Celebration Details
Yorba Linda Country Club
February 2, 2019
$50 per person
- Fashion Show featuring La Galleria and Frank’s Menswear modeled by VPWL members and their husbands.
- Video Presentation showing highlights from 50 years of VPWL celebrating their achievements and the activities they have participated in over the years.
- Celebratory luncheon with a delicious menu that includes fresh spinach salad with a raspberry vinaigrette, chicken Cordon Bleu served with cous cous and fresh seasonal vegetables, and a variety of birthday cakes, both homemade and purchased, for dessert. The birthday cakes will be donated to the event and will serve as the table centerpieces during the event. The most original cake wins a prize!
Tickets for the anniversary celebration are $50 per person and can be purchased online.
The activities and groups organized by the Villa Park Women’s League include:
- Mommy and Me playgroups
- Monthly book clubs
- Bridge groups for ladies and couples
- Day and evening bunco games
- Couples gourmet group for enjoying culinary adventures with friends
- A stitchery club for sewing hobbyists
- The Secret Angels group for performing good deeds around the community
- The Petal Pushers for those with green thumbs
- Solos group for widows and single ladies