The City of Villa Park has agreed to allow XG Communities LLC to install small wireless cells on street light poles and other assets throughout the city. This partnership is expected to bring increased connectivity throughout the city, additional revenue, reduce visual blight and maintain the city’s control over where cell phone connectivity is installed. There is no cost for the installation as the costs is covered by future, re-occurring revenue through partnerships with the cell phone carriers.
Small Cell Wireless Benefits
- Additional revenue – Through revenue deals with the wireless carriers such as Verizon and T-Mobile new income sources are created for Villa Park.
- Prevents visual blight – Small cells and micro sensors attached to light poles and camera poles can reduce the visual blight proliferation of unsightly cell towers, and can much improve the landscape aesthetics and visual impacts of the city’s wireless infrastructure.
- Increase connectivity for businesses and residents – Gaps in wireless coverage are identified and small cells are deployed in those lcoations.
- Maintain control – Villa Park will pre-approve where small cells are deployed on publicly owned property and on public rights of way.
- Relief of Permitting – XG Communities will handle cell phone carrier permits relieving the city of this task.