The County of Orange is seeking to lease 2.4 acres of land and a 1,585 sf Single-Family Residence above the Villa Park Dam. This property previously served as the former dam keeper’s home and is now available to lease.
The Property is very private and features scenic views of the foothills and Santiago Creek. There are a few public walking trails along the creek near the Property.
Access to the Property is provided from East Lolita Street through a residential neighborhood. Potential uses with low daily trip counts is preferred to diminish residential disturbance along East Lolita Street and nearby East Sandburg Lane. A locked gate is located at the end of East Lolita Street at the entrance to the dam premises. Access to the Property requires passage along a narrow road and bridge. There will not be a dam keeper onsite, but since the dam is still in active operation, any potential tenant will share use of certain access roads with the District and will be prohibited from using others.
Submissions to lease this property are due by September 10, 2020. More information can be found at Orange County Real Estate Projects.
General Property Information
- Property Address: 8048 E Lolita St, Orange, CA
- Project Acreage (Gross): approximately 2.40 acres
- Elevation (min./max.): approximately 508/548 feet above sea level
- Existing Structure(s): approximately 1,585 sf Single-Family Residence with approximately 444 sf attached garage
- Current Zoning: R-O (Recreation Open Space)
- Existing General Plan Land Use Designation: OS (Open Space)
- Earthquake Fault Zone: Not in an Earthquake Fault Zone
- Airport Influence Area: Not in an Airport Influence Area
- FEMA Flood Plain: Zone X – Minimal flood hazard
- California’s Department of Safety of Dams Classification: Extreme High Hazard
- Flood Control District: Orange County Flood Control District
- NCCP area: Not in Natural Community Conservation Planning area
- Wetlands: None
- School District: Orange Unified School District
- Water: Irvine Ranch Water District
- Sewer: Septic
- Electric: Southern California Edison
- Gas: Propane Gas Tank
- Sanitation (Refuse Collection): CR & R Inc. is the service provider; trash pickup can be restarted by calling CR & R Inc. at 714-372-8272
The City’s Zoning Code designation for this Property is “Recreational Open Space District,” which is described in Orange Municipal Code Section 17.22.020(B), which provides as follows: “The purpose of this district is to protect properties from hazards such as flooding and landsliding, to protect natural resources and scenic features for public enjoyment and use, and to set aside areas of the City for active and passive recreational use, consistent with General Plan policy.”
Per Orange Municipal Code Section 17.13.030. See Orange Municipal Code Section 17.13.030 for additional details. Uses prohibited by District have been excluded. Use is subject to OC Flood Control Act and any use of the property would need to be compatible with District use of the Property and not interfere with District operations and needs for the Property. Certain uses that allow the public onto the Property would need to restrict public access to dam areas outside the leased premises in order to preserve dam safety.
|P||Agriculture/horticulture; row crops; tree crops and orchards|
|P*||Sale of agricultural goods grown on-site|
|C||Keeping of horses and livestock; stables; veterinary clinics and livestock animal hospitals; zoo; archery range; amusement park; boating; stadium, grandstand, other arena; cemetery (not including crematorium); country clubs, golf courses, tennis clubs and the like; libraries, private; museum; observatory; parks and athletic fields, private; public utility buildings, structures, and facilities; school or college (public/private)|
|C+||Animal raising – small animals; antennas, wireless communication|
|A*||Caretaker residence/caretaker mobile home; antenna, private satellite dish; antennas, amateur radio; antennas, other; antennas, private radio/TV; antennas, satellite dish|
P = Permitted use
C = Conditional use permit required; refer to administrative procedure provisions in Sections 17.08.030 and 17.10.030.
A = Accessory use
* = Use subject to special provisions contained in Section 17.13.040
+ = Use subject to conditional use permit regulations contained in Section 17.13.050